Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to be an IDMA graduate or student to be a member?
2. Do I have to be a member to sit for the IDMA curriculum exams?
No, but it can save you a lot of money to join.
3. Do I have to be in the insurance industry to be a member?
No. Our membership includes professionals.
4. Does my company have a current membership in the IDMA?
Check the current listing of IDMA Corporate and Individual Member Companies. If your company is listed as a corporate member company then your membership with IDMA is covered.
5. How much does the annual membership cost?
- Insurance companies pay according to their net premium written (NPW) for the last reported year. The rate is $4.25 per $1 million of NPW. The lowest assessment is $3,500, and the top is $20,000 per year. They can enroll as many employees as can benefit from membership.
- Vendors, consulting firms, statistical agents and trade associations pay the lowest rate of $3,500 per year for membership. A reduced rate can be offered to an insurance organization with fewer than 10 employees.
Note: There is a 30% introductory membership discount for new member.
- $500 – Private sector members, other than academia and non-profit.
- $250 – Public sector (government employees) and non-profit members.
- $150 – Academia and higher education members.
6. How do I sign up as a member?
7. How do I contact IDMA for membership questions?
Mail: 545 Washington Boulevard, 19th Floor, Jersey City, New Jersey 07310, United States
Tel: +1 (201) 469-3069 or (201) 469-3070
Fax: +1 (201) 748-1690
Also, feel free to reach out to our Executive Director, Farouk Yassine, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (201) 469-3069.