IDMA currently has three active chapters in the United States:
- The Chicago Metro Chapter (Midwest Chapter)
- The New England Chapter
- The New York / New Jersey Metro Chapter
Each chapter meets at least once a year where IDMA members are provided the opportunity to discuss issues of importance to data managers, their companies and the industry.
For those unfamiliar with the meeting structure of the IDMA Chapters, discussions are quite informal and are geared towards audience interest and participation. To get the ball rolling and focus discussions, a list of topics for discussion is usually provided beforehand. Topics of discussion are very fluid and can change during the meeting, provided they involve data management, are in keeping with IDMA guidelines, and are of interest to participants.
IDMA Chapter meetings attendees find these meeting very valuable for content and networking as they address similar data management challenges.
The New England Chapter
- Fall/Winter 2013 meeting – The Fall/Winter meeting of the newly created New England Chapter took place on the afternoon of December 4 at Travelers Insurance offices in Hartford, CT. Topics discussed were: Information Governance and Stewardship; Information Quality – Metrics, Challenges and Successes; Big Data’s Impact on Data Management and Data Quality; and The Importance of Data Management Practices at Travelers. A panel discussion was provided as the last part of the meeting.
- Spring/Summer 2014 meeting – Possibly in the Boston area sometime in late May/early June. Stay tuned for details!
- Fall/Winter 2014 meeting – Possibly in the Hartford area sometime in late November/early December. Stay tuned for details!
The Chicago Metro Chapter (Midwest Chapter)
- Spring/Summer 2014 meeting – Will take place at Independent Statistical Service home office in Chicago sometime in mid June. Stay tuned for details!
- Fall/Winter2014 meeting – Will take place CNA Insurance home office in Chicago sometime in late October/early November. Stay tuned for details!
The New York / New Jersey Metro Chapter
- Spring/Summer 2014 meeting – Will take place at Verisk Analytics/ISO home office in Jersey City, NJ on Tuesday, June 17. Stay tuned for details!
- Fall/Winter 2014 meeting – Stay tuned for details!
Hosting Current Chapters Meetings and Forming New Chapters:
If you are interested in hosting an IDMA regional chapter meeting or starting a new chapter in your area, contact Farouk Yassine, IDMA’s Executive Director, at email@example.com or at (201) 469-3069.